Accessibility & ADA Rooms
The Santa Barbara Inn seeks to lower the technical barriers to accessibility on our website, mobile applications and other digital platforms (collectively, “Digital Platforms”) for persons with disabilities. We understand that individuals with varying disabilities may seek information on our Digital Platforms, and it is our goal to provide such individuals access to the content, features and functionality available through our website.
Should you have difficulty using or accessing any section of our website, please contact us immediately at 800-231-0431, where someone can assist you 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including weekend and holidays. For less urgent inquiries, you may contact us at email@example.com. Aside from working with you to ensure you are provided with the information and assistance you need, we're committed to ensuring that each feature on our site is accessible for everyone and will take the appropriate steps to address any short-comings.
Digital Partner Commitment
The Santa Barbara Inn is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Santa Barbara Inn Website contains WCAG 2.0 level AA conforming functionality. Conforming functionality means that efforts were taken during the development of the website to follow WCAG standards.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Santa Barbara Inn Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
1. Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers on JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver screen reader technologies
Accessibility of The Santa Barbara Inn Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or suggestions on how we can improve the accessibility of our website.
We are committed to providing an outstanding experience for all our guests, including those who may require accessible accommodations. Our hotel was fully renovated in 2016 to comply with the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design in the public areas and ADA-accessible guest rooms.
We are proud to offer a range of choices for guests with accessibility needs, including an available ADA-accessible suite, available ADA rooms on all three floors of the hotel, available ADA rooms with either ocean or mountain views, and ADA rooms with one king or two queen beds, subject to availability. We will strive to accommodate specific requests that best meet your needs.
Although you may book an ADA-accessible room online through our website and Amadeus booking engine, we recommend calling us at 1-800-231-0431 so we can ensure you have a room that is well suited to your needs and preferences.
Our ADA accessible guest rooms are available on request. We offer rooms with the following features, among others:
- Low profile bed with an accessible frame, allowing enough space for the use of a standard portable hoist or hoyer lift, if brought by the guest;
- ADA-compliant bathroom with grab bars behind and to the side of the toilet;
- Roll-in shower with a fold-down shower seat and fixtures reachable from the seated position and grab bars;
- ADA compliant Air tub with grab bars and in-tub seat;
- Accessible bathroom sinks with leg and toe clearance and enough space between the toilet and sink to allow for “side transfer” from a wheelchair;
- ADA-compliant door widths (at least 32”) and clearances throughout;
- Lighting to notify hearing-impaired guests of the phone, doorbell, and alarms;
- Closed captioning on televisions;
- Audible alarms;
- Braille signage for sight-impaired guests; and
- Service support animals welcome, to the extent compliant with relevant laws.
Our property has the following accessibility features, among others:
- ADA-compliant parking and valet parking available;
- ADA-compliant ramps to enter and exit the premises;
- Accessible routes through the publicly-accessible areas of the hotel from parking area and public entrance to all public facilities and guest rooms;
- Wheelchair lift in the lobby;
- Low profile desk in lobby for check-in/out;
- Low profile seating in restaurant and bar;
- ADA-compliant restrooms in the public spaces, including grab bars, knee and toe clearance, clear floor space at fixtures, etc.;
- Chair lifts for the pool and outdoor Jacuzzi;
- Accessible exercise room;
- Accessible meeting and conference rooms;
- Audible emergency alarms;
- Braille signage for sight-impaired guests;
- Lighting to notify hearing-impaired guests of alarms in public spaces; and
- Service support animals welcome, to the extent complaint with relevant laws.
If there is a particular need for which you require additional information, whether listed above or not, please contact us at 1-800-231-0431, where someone can assist you 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including weekends and holidays. You may also reach us at email@example.com. We look forward to hosting you and making your stay as comfortable as possible.